Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The Derb on Writing

at the Corner on National Review online, a great comment noted by John Derbyshire--

Attention All Bloggers [John Derbyshire]
Is The Shooting Party the best movie ever made in the entire history of the cosmos? I blow hot and cold. Perrhaps it's only No. 2 or 3. Anyway, watched it again last night. Noted the following dialogue. Sir Randolph Nettleby (James Mason) is in his study, sitting at his desk writing. His little granddaughter Violet is playing on the rug.

VIOLET: You're always writing in that big brown book, Grandpapa.

SIR RANDOLPH: It's my game book. Well, part of it's my game book, part of it's my thoughts. It's not a bad idea to get into the habit of writing down one's thoughts. Saves one having to bother other people with them.

[Derb] I leave that as a winter's day thought for bloggers everywhere to reflect upon.

No comments: